INDIAN RIDGE RANCH
INDIAN RIDGE RANCH
SEE THE INDIAN RIDGE RANCH VIDEO.STUDY THE PHOTOS. INDIAN RIDGE IS A ONE-OF-A-KIND TEXAS
Additional Photos of Wildlife and Headquarters https://www.tourfactory.com/idxr2092950 (Lots More Photos Via Tour Factory)
Indian Ridge Ranch…
Listen closely, look at the ground beneath your feet. The spirit, the storied footprints of the wild Comanche Nation still roam this ranch. Arrowhead Ridge, Sweetwater Creek, Warrior Lake, savage Copperas Creek anchor a wonderful carpet of mature native pecan trees, native and improved grasses and plenty of wildlife to supply the needs of their long-ago camps.
Indian Ridge Ranch – a spiritual place the Comanche called home. Come see the winding high ridge campsites above Warrior Lake, a lookout spot protecting the creek below. Hundreds (?) of arrowheads, spear points and tips of every description have been found here. Ride around with us on the ranch and you’ll see why great Native nations chose this spot over several epochs of time.
Indian Ridge is a 597 acre +/- recreational Cross Timbers ranch
situated on TWO flowing live water creeks. Exciting topo, tall hardwood trees, winding
Creek-side valleys, pleasing native, improved and cultivated pastures, serious deer,
flocks of turkey, dove, quail and other wildlife stalk this land.
Indian Ridge…the perfect quiet storm of recreational, agricultural, family, story – a Texas ranch legacy awaiting its next chapter, written by you, located 35 miles southwest of Stephenville.
· Approx. 2 miles of LIVE WATER Sweetwater Creek runs through the ranch’s center
· Approx. 1500’ of LIVE WATER Copperas Creek runs along its north boundary
· Indian Ridge follows high above Sweetwater Creek offering great miles-away view sites
for your next ranch home, scattered with thousands and thousands of artifacts
from tens of thousands of years of this land’s past (just waiting to be found)
· 60 Acre Feet Permit Out of Sweetwater Creek (TCEQ)
· 6-acre Spring Fed Warrior Lake (crystal clear)
· 10 ponds grace this ranch. 5 of these tanks are spring fed
· Wide Copperas Creek amazes with its water flow and tall trees across the improved coastal field near Indian Ridge’s north boundary
· 5 more live springs trickle down the hills below the Comanche High Ridge campsites
· The elevation of the ranch ranges from 1275 feet along to 1200 feet along the sandy banks of both creeks
· Pecan Hollow follows the swirl of Sweetwater Creek with open grasslands shaded by mature native pecans… we see deer and turkey here most of the time
· Approx. 1,500 large mature bearing native pecan trees
· Approx. 1.25 Miles of County Road 419 borders the ranch (4 gates from road)
· Fences are New to Fair (grazing cattle stay in). There are 7 pastures cross-fenced.
· The Ranch Headquarters is 1 mile off County Road 413 (a Private Road that you would own)
· The entry road to Ranch Headquarters has been newly-based with Caliche
· The entry southwest pasture has been cleared of mesquite by this owner
· There are two creek crossings at each end of Sweetwater Creek (plus the county road bridge)
· Abundant deer,turkey, dove, quail, hogs, varmints and other wildlife
· Warrior Ridge Lake is full of bass, catfish, crappie, perch – with LOTS of bait fish
· Much of the water that fills Proctor Lake crosses this ranch first
· 7 Water Wells
· Approx. 150 acres of cultivated fields
· Approx. 170 acres of improved grasses
· Permit by TCEQ for 60 Acre Feet of Irrigation out of Sweetwater Creek (per year)
· 2,800 SF newly-remodeled brick Ranch House for manager or a starter headquarters
· 5 Bedroom/2.5 Baths home – Large Family/Den Area
· Three nice, cleaned multi-use turkey or hen barns (concrete floors)
· One barn with 5 horse stalls
· Another barn double-sided for workshop and wheeled implement storage
· 125 x 250 cattle pen (could be used as an arena)
· 5 traps, etc.
· Round pen
· Water from Headquarters and electricity to all Barns and pens
· 20 x 25 cabin (newly remodeled)
· Large 2-car carport attached to the Headquarter Home
· Three 30-amp and two 50-amp RV Plugs
· Electricity runs throughout the ranch and along the county road
· There is an agricultural exemption on the ranch
· The owner believes to own some minerals (possibly will convey half) subject to verification
· There is no oil or gas production on the ranch
· Suitable as a 1031 forward-landing ranch acquisition
· Nearest airport is 9 miles to Comanche and length of that runway is 4,497 x 75 FT
· Your family, your children can paint their own vivid Texas history here. We hope to see you soon.
· There have been important archaeological discoveries recorded a few miles from the ranch
· Ask to see The Homestead, a Comanche County settler’s first stab at settling this wild land.
· Vandyke, Texas is town to this ranch, population 21. The community was named for Van Dyke Frost, who donated land for a school here in the early 1870's (Comanches
were here till 1874). Van Dyke had a church and from 1903 till 1905 a post office.
· Civil War heroes are buried just up the road.
8 miles to De Leon (Peach and Melon?? Festival and tractor pull…)
8 miles to Comanche (winery)
35 miles to Stephenville (Cowboy Capital of the World)
85 miles to Fort Worth
120 miles to Dallas
220 miles to Midland
9 miles to 14,000-acre Lake Proctor (fishing, boating, …)
9 miles to Comanche airport
No Trespassing - Please Contact for Showing. Ridge Tex Realty WELCOMES all Cooperating Agents and Brokers. Cooperating Agents and Brokers must make first contact with Listing Broker or Agent and be present at all showings to fully participate in commission split. The information contained in this advertisement is understood to be accurate and
reliable, but it is not guaranteed. Please verify all information before using the information contained in this advertisement for decision-making purposes. owner/agent